Thursday, 2024-03-28, 3:49 AM
Roleplay Forever
Main | Registration | Login Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Contests » February » /~~☼~~\Dreams/~~☼~~\ (2011-2012 Contest Entry)
/~~☼~~\Dreams/~~☼~~\
ZyphonDate: Saturday, 2012-02-11, 2:18 PM | Message # 1
The Flying Penguin
Group: Administrators
Awards: 5
Chapter 1
The Writer

I woke up form having a dream. It was such a lovely dream, about floating islands and other worlds. About Paradise. I longed to reach a paradise like that. I know many people think that what we have here is a paradise. No war. no violence. sure, there were problems, but if there weren't any form time to time, then we'd all be bored out of our minds, and that wouldn't make for a good paradise, would it? I'd fallen asleep at my computer again, and the screen saver showing all the stars and far away worlds were playing across the screen. Funny, there were stories of how long ago we thought we'd never reach those place. Now the UNE consisted of hundreds of different worlds. I think the 127th was discovered only last month.
I walked over to the window and looked down at the streets below. My apartment overlooked a lovely park. I often went there when I was having trouble thinking of ideas for my next book. You see, my name is Sebastian Avadonci, a famous Fantasy novelist. It's a look harder now, when new worlds are being discovered every week practically!
But the floating islands, that would make an interesting book. I walked over to the computer to type down some of my dream before I forgot it, but my cell's ring tone went off.
I answered the call. "Hello?"
"Sebastain, it's me again," the caller said. Not much point in saying, "it's me". Doesn't mean much whne you don't know the other person's name.
"What do you want?" I asked nervously.
"Do you have inspiration for a new book?"
"Yes," I answered calmer this time. "Floating islands."
"That's it?" He sounded annoyed.
"That's it for now."
"Fine, tell me if you think of something else." He hung up before I could say anything else.
"Great," I said to myself, putting the phone away. "I was hoping I wouldn't have to deal with him today.
He was a madman, believed that there were people who had links to different worlds, and that I was once of them. Said he wanted to us me to learn about the other worlds. He had said that when I go to sleep and dream I actually become someone else in these other worlds. Ridiculous. But still... I never remember a dream that I was actually myself. Heh, it would seem I was starting to believe him. No, it's completely ridiculous. That's just not possible.
I quickly wrote down what had happened in my dream. Nothing much happened the rest of the day, I went to the store and got somethings, watched TV. Had dinner. Then I went to bed, and dreamed again. The same dream, about floating islands... But in more detail this time...

ZyphonDate: Saturday, 2012-02-11, 7:06 PM | Message # 2
The Flying Penguin
Chapter 2
The Dreamer

There was a tunnel, and I was viewing myself as if I were somebody else. And then my body began to dissolve. Particle by particle, until I was just a could of particles. The tunnel of light faded away and then the particles reformed into someone else. He looked a bit like me, though were my blond hair had black streaks in it, his did not. And his eyes, which were blue like mine, were a lighter shade. And he seemed younger. Oh yes, and he had wings and his eyes were all blue, no whites or pupil. He also seemed a little shorter than me, though if he were younger I suppose that would make sense, although he was a little more well built, which made sense judging by the sword strapped to his side and the leather studded armor.
Then our thoughts began to merge together, as did our hearing and seeing. Calidor... That was his name.
"Well," I said. " This is new." And it was, the people in my dreams had never before seemed so much like... Real people. They didn't have their own thoughts... and the dissolving thing had never happened before either.
Although... It seemed like Calidor could hear me.
"Who's there?" He asked, looking around. He seemed to be standing in front of a gateways to a city, he must be some kind of guard.
It seemed to best answer would be to answer him.
"My name is Sebastian."
"Where are you?" He asked, confused.
"Umm... In your head."
"What?"
"Well..." I paused, how do you really explain something like this? Might as well tell him what the old man seemed to think, as I was starting to doubt him less and less.
"I'm form a different world," I said after a while. "And... I seem to have come here whilst I am dreaming in my own world."
"Dreaming?" He asked, even more confused than before.
"Well... Yes, dreaming." At that moment I didn't understand why he was confused.
"You know," I continued, "when you see pictures in your sleep."
"...No, I don't know."
"How strange..."
"How are you even in my head?"
"Well, I'm not sure of that," I said, trying to think of how that might be. "I suppose we'll find out."
"Are you going to hurt me?" He asked, more worried than confused.
"Of course not!"
"Oh, good." He said, relieved.
...What a strange dream...

ZyphonDate: Saturday, 2012-02-11, 9:20 PM | Message # 3
The Flying Penguin
Chapter 3
The Conversation

There was a moment when now one spoke. and then Calidor began to ask more questions.
"So," He said. "Who are you?"
"I already said, my name is Sebastian."
"Sorry, I must not have heard the first time. You know, since I'd just found out someone was in my head."
"I can imagine."
Another small silence.
"What are you?" He asked.
"A human." I said. Although, they might not have humans on this world.
The next thing he said proved my theory. "What's that?"
"Like you, except no wings and our eyes are a little different."
"Wait, you don't have wings?" He seemed shocked by what I had said.
"No... We don't." I said, and then thought of something. "So you're saying everything here has wings?"
"Yeah... Otherwise we wouldn't be able to get to the other islands.
"I see."
Yet another silence.
And then I thought to ask my own question. "So what are you doing?"
"Guarding the city."
"From what?"
"That Dark Riders," He said, confused again. "What else?"
"Well, I don't know anything about your world, so..."
"Oh, that's right."
Silence again..
"Why haven't you asked me my name?"
"Because I already know it."
"How?"
"I share your thoughts, your vision, your hearing, smelling, tasting, touching."
"........That's creepy," he said after a while.
"Yes, I suppose it is."
After that there were a few more small conversations. Calidor was part of the city guard for the Grand city of the Sky elves, which was what he was. The city was called Phriozane. We talked for a bit more, mainly I told him of my world. Of the UNE. Of the wars we had to go through to find peace, of... Everything. Cities on top of cities, underground cities, cities in space, tunnels flying through one side of the world, or other worlds, to the other... He was fascinated by it all. Although, I really couldn't see why. although, I suppose I had lived with it all my life... And then, as the day went one, he went back to him home.
The city was amazing, some houses were on different floating islands, held down by great chains, everything flew, even the pigs! There were so many different creatures... There were floating lake and ten foot tall flowers, cliff's with waterfalls that flowed for miles off of them in the distance. And I thought to myself...
This is paradise.
And then, as Calidor sleep, I found myself going back through to tunnel, becoming myself again, and waking up back in my own world.
Was what I saw real? I now refused to believe it was just a dream... I'd seen a whole world. I ran to my computer to type down everything. I didn't want to forgot a single thing.

ZyphonDate: Sunday, 2012-02-12, 6:01 PM | Message # 4
The Flying Penguin
Chapter 4
The Chase

Sure enough, the Madman called again. He asked the same thing, what did I dream about last night. And so I told him everything. I also told him about how I was almost certain it was another world. Perhaps we could work together.
He was silent for a second after I'd told him everything. "Good. Now I need you to destroy that world."
"What?" What was he talking about? Why destroy something so wonderful?
"If there are too many worlds in this universe," he said as if explaining to a child, "then the universe will overload, and that will be the end of us. We can't very well go around destroying world's the UNE hopes to rule one day, otherwise we'd be marked as criminals, and wouldn't be able to do our work.
"No, instead, we will destroy alternate versions of Earth, what Earth could've been if things in our history had gone differently. It's not like they're even real people anyways, they are simply what could have been, but wasn't. So, will you help me?"
"...No." At the moment I said that, the window shattered and my whole apartment exploded, luckily, I was only on the edge of the explosion, but it pushed me backwards with such force, that I nearly cracked my head open on the wall.
The Madman was speaking again, but this time I could hear him in my head.
"Let me rephrase that," Still sounding as if explaining something simple to a child, "You will help me, or you will die."
"We'll see about that." I got up painfully, and nearly fell back down, but I managed to land. Then I walked over to the other window that hadn't been shattered. There was a pool of water in the middle of the park, but I wouldn't get that far unless...
I grabbed a chair, or what was left of it and smashed to window open.
"I won't help you, ever!"
"Then you will die!" The Madman roared with rage. Another shot was fired, and again there was an explosion, but as it hit started to explode, I jumped out the window, and I was right, the force of the explosion launched me there... Or... almost.
I nearly landed in the pool of water completely... But my legs didn't quite make it. My knees hit the edge of the pool and pain overloaded my senses. By now, if they hadn't been by the time of the first explosion, people were running and screaming everywhere. The Madman's hit man fired another shot that hit the statue of the fountain. At this time, he was just firing everywhere.
I managed to crawl out of the fountain, but as soon as I did, the pain finally made me lose my grip on the world, and I blacked out.

ZyphonDate: Wednesday, 2012-02-29, 4:15 PM | Message # 5
The Flying Penguin
Chapter 5
The Wardens

As I started to come to, I heard what seemed like people talking, though I couldn't make an of it out. Then after a little while I could hear a little of what they were saying.
"That... Stunt... Out..."
"Can... Trusted?"
I tried to say something, but all that came out was, "ugh..."
Then my vision started to clear as well and I saw two people. A woman in a lab coat and a very small old man. There may have been someone else in the corner of the room, but I couldn't make them out quite yet.
Then I could actually make out what they were saying. The woman was asking me something.
"Are you okay?" She asked.
"Yes," I said after a while. "I'll be fine."
Then the Old Man spoke, it was quite clear by his voice that he was a smoker. "What were you thinking getting mixed up with the Destroyers?"
"The what?"
"The Destroyers," The person in the corner said. As he got closer I could see him now. He looked to be some kind of body guard judging by the amount of weapons he carried. "They think they can 'save' our world by destroying others."
"Save our world form what?"
"It's inevitable doom. We know that our world will be destroyed at some point," The woman in the lab coat was talking now. "But we can still do all we can to slow it down. The Destroyers were once with us, but it became clear that thier methods... Differed from ours. so we went our separate ways. no instead of trying to slow down Earth's destruction, we have to focus everything on stopping the Destroyers."
"Hold on a second," I said, trying to take it all in. "Before you say anything else, who are you people?"
"We're the Wardens. The Wardens of Infinity."

Forum » Contests » February » /~~☼~~\Dreams/~~☼~~\ (2011-2012 Contest Entry)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Make a free website with uCoz