Forum » RPG Section » Futuristic RPGs » "The Machine"
"The Machine"
ZyphonDate: Friday, 2012-08-10, 10:09 AM | Message # 1
The Flying Penguin
Group: Administrators
Awards: 5
/~☼~\Note/~☼~\

Before you read the story, here are a few notes:
1. You are in charge of updating your character sheet, if you pick up something in the RPG, but don't upgrade your character sheet, then you don't actually have it.
2. Please only join if your going to be active, or if your going to be inactive for a while, at least do something in the RPG so that the whole thing doesn't just stop.
3. Though admins can accept people or things like that, no one can take control over the RP but me unless I ask an admin to do it while I'm away or something.

/~☼~\Chapter 1: The Plan/~☼~\

The crystal they had found was perfect, a sort of purple gem that emitted amazing amounts of energy, energy that could be used through the machine.
They hadn't quite yet decided what to name the machine, it looked like a giant metal eye, they had found it, along with the whole lab, the crystal, and instructions on how to activate.
The people who had found all this were a group of scientists, engineers, electricians, and many others. They had long ago been formed when the United States was being made. They were the Free-masons, or just Masons for sort.
Though formed in America, they spread across the world, and represented progress. They were the most advanced group of humans in history. Or, so they liked to believe.
However, little over three years ago, they discovered the existence of another group, whom they simply called they Ancients. The Ancients were the ones who built this lab, The Machine, and all the tools in it.
It appeared as if they had been working on how to create human beings, when for reasons unknown, they abandoned the project.
The Masons had found the lab only a short two months ago deep within Antarctica, and were slowly converting it into their new headquarters. Their first job, to finish the Ancients work, to create human beings.
Their second job, to find another crystal, seven in fact. The Ancients said that they would need seven crystals to get the machine working for any long amount of time.
The strange thing about the text, was that though it was clearly written in another language, all of the Masons understood it perfectly.
The text also explained why they were trying to create new humans from using the machine. It would appear that they were hoping these humans would not die easily, and work also be more intelligent, and overall better than ordinary humans thanks to the crystals power. They also hoped that being made form a crystal, these new humans would be able to locate the others needed to power the Machine.
It had taken quite some time, but finally they had create human beings. Several of them in fact, each with special traits. And they were about to wake up...

/~☼~\Rules/~☼~\
Post your character sheet on the separate thread, and wait to be accepted.
Please use correct grammar.
No Godding.*
No Ubering.
No Auto-hitting.
No Uber-doding.
You<Admin<Me.
*This is very important as this is an RPG, remember that.

StrikerDate: Friday, 2012-08-10, 2:00 PM | Message # 2
The Helper Admin
Awards: 8
(Giant eye. Ancients. Creating humans. Crystal power. MEGAMAN!)

ZyphonDate: Friday, 2012-08-10, 3:29 PM | Message # 3
The Flying Penguin
(I'm not sure how you got that... but okay.)

Flying Penguins
The world would be a better place if they existed.

StrikerDate: Saturday, 2012-08-11, 8:56 AM | Message # 4
The Helper Admin
(Well, how I relate the giant eye to Megaman Legends is obvious. And if you listen closely to the insanely long cut scene in Legends 2, you can glean the entire storyline.)

ZyphonDate: Saturday, 2012-08-11, 9:39 AM | Message # 5
The Flying Penguin
(I've never played Legends...)

Flying Penguins

StrikerDate: Saturday, 2012-08-11, 9:44 AM | Message # 6
The Helper Admin
(You haven't? Weren't you and Equinox talking about it at one point?)

ZyphonDate: Saturday, 2012-08-11, 9:50 AM | Message # 7
The Flying Penguin
(Yeah, I was saying how I wanted to play it. Besides the original Megaman, Megaman X, and ZX Advent, Legends 1 and 2 are the only megaman games I haven't played.)

Flying Penguins

StrikerDate: Saturday, 2012-08-11, 9:56 AM | Message # 8
The Helper Admin
(Ah. Yeah, it's worth buying, albeit being $70 on Ebay.)

ZyphonDate: Saturday, 2012-08-11, 10:01 AM | Message # 9
The Flying Penguin
($70? Not worth it. Considering I don't even have the correct system...)

Flying Penguins

EquinoxDate: Saturday, 2012-08-11, 8:39 PM | Message # 10
Social warrior of the administration
Awards: 9
(70? That's fucking insane, you could get it at the old games box in the middle of walmart for 23 dollars.)

~Glacial Malphite: The Shard of the Monolith~

"I hear rumors that the Shard of the Monolith is an unstoppable force. They aren't rumors."-Nausus, on the topic of Malphite's arrival.

ZyphonDate: Sunday, 2012-08-12, 6:18 AM | Message # 11
The Flying Penguin
(Well, I'd probably buy it for that price if I had the correct system.)

Flying Penguins

ZyphonDate: Tuesday, 2012-08-14, 2:25 PM | Message # 12
The Flying Penguin
The newly created humans had woken up just half an hour ago, and everything had been explained to them after making sure that there bodies were stable and fully functionale. As well as their minds and personalities. They would have a few minutes to choose some useful tools, and would then be sent off to find the crystals, size in each of the other contienents, and one still remaining hidden.

~~Daniel~~

Everything had been a blur since waking up, but now things were starting to slow down, and I could think about what was going on. At first, I thought I'd somehow lost my memory, but then they explained... Up until a few minutes ago, I hadn't existed. I didn't feel different form any human, well, besides for a killer headache. It was hard to imagine humans being created.
Now, I stood in a room full of weapons and other items, with scientists walking around to make sure everything was okay. At the moment, I had no choice but to go along with it.

Flying Penguins

Forum » RPG Section » Futuristic RPGs » "The Machine"
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Make a free website with uCoz