Sunday, 2024-04-28, 10:08 PM
Roleplay Forever
Main | Registration | Login Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Arts Section » Music » One Direction (Fuck yes)
One Direction
EquinoxDate: Saturday, 2012-06-23, 9:40 PM | Message # 31
Social warrior of the administration
Group: Administrators
Awards: 9
Quote (Demon)
Yeah, there's the haters. BUT there's a hell of a lot more fans, and I sure as hell know we won't give up on 1D so easily. I never thought JB was really going to be popular, I didn't like him. I knew his popularity was going to crash to the ground. In my opinion, One Direction is different. They have talent, and as Simon Cowell said, "These guys are incredible!".
They have the confidence and talent to do it all.

Replace simon cowell with Usher and multiple other track artists, and you have the exact same thing JB fans say.

~Glacial Malphite: The Shard of the Monolith~

"I hear rumors that the Shard of the Monolith is an unstoppable force. They aren't rumors."-Nausus, on the topic of Malphite's arrival.

DemonDate: Sunday, 2012-06-24, 7:35 AM | Message # 32
※You shouldnt anger me. ಠ_ಠ※
Lol. Yet One Direction got 100 million views in 1 week, and it took JB 1 year. A lot more people like One Direction than JB, and that helps with their fame and popularity. More people will buy their music. More people will support them. So, they would obviously last longer. Directioners are serious shit when it comes to One Direction.

ಠ_ಠ (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
um

HorseLoverDate: Sunday, 2012-06-24, 12:24 PM | Message # 33
Great RP'er
Group: Blocked
Awards: 3
LOVE HARRY FROM ONE DIRECTION

~~~~HorseLover~~~~
"Dont like you care when you dont, just say i dont care, its not like anyone really gets made{well some people do soo} think of the person first"
-_- ~~~~ <3 One Dircetion
:D I LOVe HaRrY from One Direction
DUDE!!!! HaRrY
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
;) ~~~~~ ;D ~~~~~!!!!!~~~~~:s ~~~~~:)) ~~~~~
~~HoRsElOVeR~~
~HorseLover~ LOVES you ALL~~~

EquinoxDate: Sunday, 2012-06-24, 5:35 PM | Message # 34
according to a guy I spoke with previously, he says one direction is actually doing worse than JB at this point in their career, and he expects them to begin to drop very soon.

"I hear rumors that the Shard of the Monolith is an unstoppable force. They aren't rumors."-Nausus, on the topic of Malphite's arrival.

DemonDate: Tuesday, 2012-06-26, 9:17 AM | Message # 35
Well I just looked up afew things. One Direction and Justin Bieber are nearly equal on the popularity charts, but One Direction is winning still. In these past 2 years, their popularity has only been going up, never down. Hundreds of producers and celebrities are saying there's just something about 1D that says they'll be big. Justin has taken years to make his fanbase, but One Direction took half that time. 1D practically rules over Twitter now, their fans can get them trending in only a few minutes. Justin Bieber? He has a twitter, sure. But I have never seen any Bieber stuff trending before.
They constantly tweet and follow fans, they've even DM'ed some out of their own content because they saw they were upset. They encourage their fans all the time, and are definitely not big headed or copycats..
One Direction has a pretty fair arguement against the people like you, whom hate on them, call them gay, say they can't sing, and say they will suddenly just die off. Sure, they will eventually, but that's in plenty of years, I'm sure.

ಠ_ಠ (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
um

EquinoxDate: Tuesday, 2012-06-26, 9:58 AM | Message # 36
actually, JB's fanbase reached 10 thousand fans within a year of his career, reaching over a million in two.

Also, it appears One direction's fanbase is just on twitter, no matter how much I scan facebook and other websites, I never hear anything about this allegedly super popular band.

DemonDate: Tuesday, 2012-06-26, 12:20 PM | Message # 37
My friend has found thousands of groups on Facebook about One Direction... They're mainly on Twitter because Twitter is like the Facebook of England/Europe.
Nobody else besides England knew about them in their first year, because they got their fame from auditioning on the UK X Factor, which isn't broadcasted to anywhere else except the UK.
So their fanbase was smaller than JB's at first, because only England/Ireland knew about them. When Simon Cowell signed them to Syco, the news about them was spread. Then their fanbase errupted into the millions.
Maybe the reason why you don't hear about them is because you're a guy. Your friends probably don't talk about them, obviously. So you don't hear much about them. But then there's the Directioners, that know their every move. I know they were in Houston a day or two ago.
But we can all have our opinions and believes. I believe they won't suddenly die out, you believe they will plummet down. Fair enough, that's your thoughts on them.

ಠ_ಠ (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
um

EquinoxDate: Tuesday, 2012-06-26, 1:23 PM | Message # 38
All they are is an improved JB then. They're going to plummet in the coming years like all pop culture bands do. They slip up once, the media ruins them. They try to fix it, they ruin themselves more. Eventually, no one likes them. T'is the vicious cycle of pop culture.

DemonDate: Tuesday, 2012-06-26, 1:27 PM | Message # 39
Your opinion is your opinion, I won't change that.

ಠ_ಠ (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
um

EquinoxDate: Tuesday, 2012-06-26, 4:33 PM | Message # 40
but it's a prediction made by 7053 people and counting

DemonDate: Tuesday, 2012-06-26, 8:10 PM | Message # 41
7053 vs. about 170 million.

Seems legit.

ಠ_ಠ (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
um

EquinoxDate: Tuesday, 2012-06-26, 8:28 PM | Message # 42
and where does the 170 Million come from

also, 170 million is about half the USA's population, something isn't right with this shit.

DemonDate: Wednesday, 2012-06-27, 8:25 AM | Message # 43
170 million girls, maybe more. I'm just basing the # of fans off of the views on the music video for WMYB. Probably more since that's only one video, and some fans haven't seen it.

This arguement has become pointless.

ಠ_ಠ (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
um

EquinoxDate: Wednesday, 2012-06-27, 11:45 AM | Message # 44
and there's also people that F5 to make the video more popular

And people who watch it more than once, which is what a fan does

DemonDate: Wednesday, 2012-06-27, 7:26 PM | Message # 45
xD True, true.

ಠ_ಠ (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
um

Forum » Arts Section » Music » One Direction (Fuck yes)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Make a free website with uCoz