Monday, 2024-04-29, 1:49 AM
Roleplay Forever
Main | Registration | Login Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Arts Section » Music » Let's talk about real music. (And by real music, I mean Rock/metal.)
Let's talk about real music.
EquinoxDate: Monday, 2012-07-09, 0:41 AM | Message # 31
Social warrior of the administration
Group: Administrators
Awards: 9
BUt skrillex can't be credited for their music, only for the shitty remixing of an arrangement of metal things being thrown in a dryer.

~Glacial Malphite: The Shard of the Monolith~

"I hear rumors that the Shard of the Monolith is an unstoppable force. They aren't rumors."-Nausus, on the topic of Malphite's arrival.

SupernerdDate: Monday, 2012-07-09, 1:39 AM | Message # 32
A Hater/Friend of Equinox
Group: Special
Awards: 3
Their not jumbled in the dryer obviously if they choose specific notes, copy verses from one instrument, to the next, edit voices specifically, changing the pitches of notes, and knowing when and where to place those notes. I've used GarageBand many times. There are a lot more things to it than you probably know. Besides saying it's 'trash' one of the many words in your vocabulary that I assume you use for this specific app, or maybe just towards Skrillex itself.

Some say its nice to have good signatures....

Well.

There you have it.

ZyphonDate: Monday, 2012-07-09, 5:23 AM | Message # 33
The Flying Penguin
Awards: 5
I think anyone who simply takes bits and pieces of random music(even if they are careful of the placing and all that as you said), puts it together and says "Here, we made a song", is automatically below someone who actually wrote a song. I don't mind music made electronically with programs like that, but anyone who actually wrote a song, is just automatically better... Well, perhaps not "better", but I at least have more respect for them. Mainly if they actually played it one instruments, too.

Flying Penguins
The world would be a better place if they existed.

KenzierooDate: Monday, 2012-07-09, 9:44 AM | Message # 34
From the Forest
Group: Moderators
Awards: 2
*Humming boredly to Handlebars*
Does it really matter what kind of music other people like? It's not as if you're bring forced to listen to it.

On The Edge Of Imagination And Logic

EquinoxDate: Monday, 2012-07-09, 11:49 AM | Message # 35
precisely, Zyphon. They aren't even going through the work process of thinking something up.

And kenzie, in current society dubstep is used FUCKING EVERYWHERE, and skrillex is one of the most commonly used ones.

Super, I've used garageband before. It's not that hard.

"I hear rumors that the Shard of the Monolith is an unstoppable force. They aren't rumors."-Nausus, on the topic of Malphite's arrival.

KenzierooDate: Monday, 2012-07-09, 12:03 PM | Message # 36
From the Forest
I like very little amounts of Dubstep, only some songs

EquinoxDate: Monday, 2012-07-09, 3:37 PM | Message # 37
Dubstep is a touchy subject, if you couldn't tell.

Then again, I rant about EVERYTHING.

KenzierooDate: Monday, 2012-07-09, 4:06 PM | Message # 38
From the Forest
I don't take anything you say seriously. I did a long time ago... But not now.

ZyphonDate: Monday, 2012-07-09, 8:36 PM | Message # 39
The Flying Penguin
Awards: 5
The only genre I refuse to listen to is dubstep. It's just ridiculous, infact, I don't even really count it as music.

I suppose the only music I liek that can be fitted into a genre and I like most osngs of that genre, would be classical.

however, if "Voltaire" were it's own genre(which it should be) that would be my #1 favorite genre of music.

Flying Penguins
The world would be a better place if they existed.

KenzierooDate: Monday, 2012-07-09, 8:40 PM | Message # 40
From the Forest
Whats wrong with Dubstep?
Also forgot to say I like all branches of Country but bluegrass.

KenzierooDate: Monday, 2012-07-09, 8:43 PM | Message # 41
From the Forest
Just watch
This too

Message edited by Kenzieroo - Monday, 2012-07-09, 9:47 PM

EquinoxDate: Monday, 2012-07-09, 10:47 PM | Message # 42
It takes no skill to make. Hell, if I wanted to hear dubstep I'd look for a washing machine and a wrench having sex.

KenzierooDate: Monday, 2012-07-09, 11:00 PM | Message # 43
From the Forest
Scary

SupernerdDate: Tuesday, 2012-07-10, 1:03 AM | Message # 44
A Hater/Friend of Equinox
Group: Special
Awards: 3
Equi, I notice we both bitch to each other more and more lately. Lol. I think writing songs do require thought and things. But so does dubstep and techno. They both use lyrics as well, just not sentences. So technically, they're on even ground. For instance, one of the songs from skrillex called 'Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites' They have lyrics in it as well. And Equi, don't bother bitching about how its all just 'jumbled' or whatever your sense of vocabulary uses to describe that song, or techno or dubstep itself. There are words in it. Just not sentences. Simple as that. Same thing with normal songs. Like when they hum, or go like ooohhhhh, or Du du du duuuu du du du stuff like that, etc. Its all the same in a way. Some normal songs just repeat themselves, just like techno and dubstep. For instance, another song from skrillex 'My Name Is Skrillex" Has repeating lyrics. So it is DEFINITELY in my opinion, all the same in a way. Also, I like 'My Name Is Skrillex (Skrillex remix)' Cause Its sounds really nice...It also always makes me want to play Portal. xD Still, I think I proved my point.

Some say its nice to have good signatures....

Well.

There you have it.

EquinoxDate: Tuesday, 2012-07-10, 10:34 AM | Message # 45
Prove me with one good song that repeats its lyrics without sounding monotonous.

Forum » Arts Section » Music » Let's talk about real music. (And by real music, I mean Rock/metal.)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Make a free website with uCoz