Saturday, 2024-04-20, 0:39 AM
Roleplay Forever
Main | Registration | Login Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Fan Fiction Roleplays » Book-Themed Roleplays » Dragon Riders (Based off of the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon).)
Dragon Riders
StrikerDate: Monday, 2012-07-09, 4:18 PM | Message # 1
The Helper Admin
Group: Administrators
Awards: 8
Story:

Long ago, when time began, a continent on the sea, Alagaesia, was formed. On this land, there were four different races; Dwarves, Urgals, and Dragons, as well as the mysterious Grey Folk. The races were designed to live in peace, to benefit each other, but things went awry and the dwarves, urgals, and dragons fought each other for centuries. Eventually, elves sailed from their place of origin, the location unknown to any but themselves, and quickly, if not on purpose, went to war with the dragons. There was much bloodshed before they were through. Finally, the Grey Folk decided that a way must be formed to make peace between the inhabitants of Alagaesia. Therefore, they created the ancient language. But this was not any normal language. The ancient language had great power; the power to control magic. The elves and dragons realized that if they did not stop their war, they were going to destroy each other. So they made a pact between them, using the most powerful magic, and created the Dragon Riders. The Riders were made up of elves and dragons who bonded with each other, so to speak. Many of the dragons gave their eggs to the riders, and the elves imbued them with magic. This magic made it so that the dragon inside of the egg would be able to decide, judging from the elf's actions, words, and thoughts, whom they would hatch for. The pair were then made to be dragon and Rider. The Riders made peace throughout the races, but after but half a century, the humans sailed to Alagaesia, and were followed by the Ra'zac. And war started once again. Eventually, using powerful magic, the Riders renewed the pact between they and the dragons, but made it so that humans could be Riders as well. If a human became a Rider, the only difference between them and a elf Rider would be that the human Rider's ears would, over time, become more pointed. Not as pointed as an elf's, but more so than a human. Once again, the Riders made peace. The Ra'zac's numbers, however, were reduced to minuscule amounts. The peace was kept for centuries thereafter, until a Rider, Galbatorix's dragon died. After his dragon died, he became enraged and demanded another dragon. When the Riders' council declined his request, he killed another Rider and used magic to trap the Rider's black dragon, Shruikan, into doing his will. After that, he took control of Alagaesia, killing most of the Riders in the process. Thirteen Riders survived his rage, but only because they swore their allegiance to him in the ancient language, which does not allow anyone to lie while speaking it. After that, Galbatorix exerted an iron rule over Alagaesia until the present time. Known only to few, including the Varden, the only resistance to Galbatorix's rule, he had three eggs in his castle. A red egg, a green egg, and a blue egg. Dragon eggs.

The Ancient Language

Race Descriptions:

Human: No need to describe humans.
Dwarf: Generally, adult dwarves are hip high to humans. They live lives that can last for five hundred years. The males often have long beards. They are made up of thirteen clans, and each one is specially skilled with some art or trade. All dwarves are amazing miners and can do equally amazing things with the resources they mine.
Urgal: More primal than any other competent race, the urgals are a war-loving that prove themselves at twelve years of age by finding a beast and killing them with their bare hands. They all have large horns, and the largest urgals are called Kull, and are far larger than most urgals.
Elf: Elves are highly similar to humans in appearance, except that their features, most noticeably their ears, are far more pointed than any humans. Elves also live very long lives, and are all extremely proficient with magic.
Dragon: There is very little that needs to be described about dragons, except that they are magical creatures. Although they cannot control their magic at will, it is very powerful. Dragons are not able to breathe fire for many months after they are hatched, and have a large growth spurt shortly after their hatching. They communicate with their Riders and other people mentally, projecting their thoughts to whomever they wish. Finally, dragons never stop growing and none have died of natural causes. Some of the largest could have passed for mountains.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Appearance:
Race (Elf, Human, Dwarf, or Urgal for now):
Weapons:
Other Items:
Bio (Optional):

ZyphonDate: Monday, 2012-07-09, 8:29 PM | Message # 2
The Flying Penguin
Awards: 5
(I've read, say, half of the first book? I might join later when I can think of a character.)

Flying Penguins
The world would be a better place if they existed.

StrikerDate: Thursday, 2012-07-12, 10:49 AM | Message # 3
The Helper Admin
(Okai.)

Name: Broengarde
Appearance: Broengarde is a tall elf, who always wears white armor with gold lining. When going to war, he also has a helmet that matches his armor on his temple. He has short-cropped brown hair, green eyes, and the usual pointed features of the elves.
Race: Elf
Weapons: A two-sided longsword worn in an ornate leather on his back.
Other Items: N/A
Bio: Although most elves are spellcasters, Broengarde is a warrior. He does, however, use magic as well, which is some of the reason that he is such a great warrior. Other than that, not much is known about him.

DemonDate: Thursday, 2012-07-12, 1:38 PM | Message # 4
※You shouldnt anger me. ಠ_ಠ※
Awards: 9
(Knowing me, I wanted to be a dragon. LMAO)
Name: Anistasia
Appearance: Long bleach white hair, purple eyes (attatchment)
Race (Elf, Human, Dwarf, or Urgal for now): Elf
Weapons: Bow and arrow, katana (she switches off. Sometimes carrying the bow&arrow, sometimes carrying the katana)
Other Items: N/A
Bio (Optional): N/A
Attachments: 8646156.jpg (179.1 Kb)

ಠ_ಠ (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
um

EquinoxDate: Thursday, 2012-07-12, 10:15 PM | Message # 5
Social warrior of the administration
(MOTHA FUCKIN' KULL)

Character Sheet:

Name: Kar'glin "Blood hammer" Hirr-gahl
Appearance: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rQl3Dx....gal.jpg
Race (Elf, Human, Dwarf, or Urgal for now): Urgal Kull
Weapons: A large black-steel hammer, as big as a human, that has a cloak of shadows around it's head, as well as an extremely large Crossbow, with large crossbow bolts, as big as a grown man's legs, in a large quiver on his back.
Other Items: He carries a small package of some form of salt-like things. He puts it on his food, and tips his arrows with them.
Bio (Optional): Kar has fought as a Warrior of Galbatorix for over 80 years, and no one has defeated him, except a single shade. He met the shade at a tavern one night. He was drinking his salted brew as usual, until the shade entered the door. He requested to meet Kar, and Kar gladly stood up to meet him. Things got ugly, one thing led to another, and now he is cursed to have his soul attached to his hammer, and he found out he could not harm the shade, beside smashing one finger into a pulp, on the shade's left hand. His thumb, to be exact.

~Glacial Malphite: The Shard of the Monolith~

"I hear rumors that the Shard of the Monolith is an unstoppable force. They aren't rumors."-Nausus, on the topic of Malphite's arrival.

StrikerDate: Monday, 2012-07-16, 11:32 AM | Message # 6
The Helper Admin
(Both accepted. If another person joins within a reasonable ammount of time, we'll begin.)

StrikerDate: Thursday, 2012-07-19, 12:48 PM | Message # 7
The Helper Admin
(Reasonable ammount of time is over.
Begin.)

Broengarde walked through the elf capital, Ellesmera, towards the training grounds. He hoped to find someone who could fight with a blade as well as he could to spar with him today.

EquinoxDate: Thursday, 2012-07-19, 4:32 PM | Message # 8
Social warrior of the administration
http://www.alagaesia.com/alagaesia.htm (For anyone who does not know the locations of alagaesia-whatever the name of the land is.)

I walked through the outskirts of Dras-Leona, with my hammer against my left left shoulder. It was a mostly calm day, so far.

~Glacial Malphite: The Shard of the Monolith~

"I hear rumors that the Shard of the Monolith is an unstoppable force. They aren't rumors."-Nausus, on the topic of Malphite's arrival.

DemonDate: Thursday, 2012-07-19, 6:16 PM | Message # 9
I sat in the training grounds, admiring my katana. I ran my hand across the blade, checking to see if there were any chips or dents in the metal.

ಠ_ಠ (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
um

StrikerDate: Friday, 2012-07-20, 10:21 AM | Message # 10
The Helper Admin
Broengarde entered the grounds, looking around. He quickly spotted Anistasia, who had shown impressive swordsmanship in the past. Or swordswomanship. Whatever it was, perhaps she would be willing to spar. He walked over to where she was.

DemonDate: Friday, 2012-07-20, 3:08 PM | Message # 11
My ears perked up as I heard Broengarde approach. "Broengarde." I greeted him.

ಠ_ಠ (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
um

StrikerDate: Saturday, 2012-07-21, 1:58 AM | Message # 12
The Helper Admin
"Anistasia," He replied in the same way, with a nod of his head. "I seek to spar. What about you?"

DemonDate: Saturday, 2012-07-21, 12:17 PM | Message # 13
"I certaintly wouldn't mind." I smirked, lifting myself off the ground.

ಠ_ಠ (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
um

StrikerDate: Saturday, 2012-07-21, 2:56 PM | Message # 14
The Helper Admin
Broengarde stepped back a few paces, and drew his blade, getting into a battle position.

DemonDate: Saturday, 2012-07-21, 4:26 PM | Message # 15
I did the same, whiping some grass off of my katana.

ಠ_ಠ (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
um

Forum » Fan Fiction Roleplays » Book-Themed Roleplays » Dragon Riders (Based off of the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon).)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Make a free website with uCoz