Wednesday, 2024-05-01, 9:07 PM
Roleplay Forever
Main | Registration | Login Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Other » Vent Your Emotions » Longing (Once called "Country Memories")
Longing
JinxDate: Friday, 2011-10-14, 8:52 PM | Message # 1
Necromancer
Group: Administrators
Awards: 0
The thing I miss most about living in the country with my dad is the yearly camping trips we took, sometimes in the summer, sometimes during the winter. Always, there was the smell of the forest. There is no explanation for it. The smell is that of the sap of pine trees, that sweet sweet smell mixed with the soft under current of rotting leaves. No matter what time of year, the leaves dirty and brown litter the forest floor. Early in the morning, when the sun just began to peek over the from the mountains or the tree tops, we would feel this stinging cold. It is sharp, and though I thought I hated it as a child, I find myself recalling this feeling of sharp coldness with a sense of longing, all the way from California. There is something most definitevly different about the feeling of those pleasent stinging natural mountain air coldness, as compared to the cold, cold manmade smooth coldness of an air conditioned building in Califorina. I remember crawling out of the tents, seeing in the gray predawn light the white aspen trees spread in every direction for as far as the eye could see, lie long thin white sticks reaching ever upwards towards the sun hung in the supernatural-esque blue sky of a world without the brown haze coughed and belched up by the factories of industry. The calls of birds, day and night fill the air leaving behind a happy memory, as opposed to the chaotic rip and roar and thoomp of the cars on the street. It brings tears to my eyes, remembering my own resistance at first to going and then I see me wishing to be back. I miss the mountains of clay, and as I look out my windwos, and see the mountains the of concrete. The cold stream burbling softly in the background, opposed to the shrill fake flaughs and roars of cars. The brilliant shining lights of the stars, as opposed to the harsh glow of the street lights.

I guess it's true what they say, "You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy."

If patience is the key to every door, then a rock can open any door ^u^
Mithryn.ucoz.com <- The Lands of Mithryn, feel free to check it out.))

EquinoxDate: Friday, 2011-10-14, 9:30 PM | Message # 2
Social warrior of the administration
Awards: 9
Urk, are you kidding me... this actually brought tears to my eyes, thinking about how I long to go back to the country, instead of this blood-bath of a town.

I have to give my sister training with guns and knives to keep her safe. Back in the country, just me talking to the boys gave them a good enough warning. The dope heads in the city are way more stubborn.

You aren't the only one who wishes to go back, and remove the memories of the town even existing from my mind, and let the beauty of the country fill it in.

~Glacial Malphite: The Shard of the Monolith~

"I hear rumors that the Shard of the Monolith is an unstoppable force. They aren't rumors."-Nausus, on the topic of Malphite's arrival.

JinxDate: Friday, 2011-10-14, 11:27 PM | Message # 3
Necromancer
O>O I made Equi tear up?!!
--
And yeah, I know. I hate the air out here too. I miss my deserty mountainy air. At least that was clean for the most part :/

EquinoxDate: Saturday, 2011-10-15, 7:49 AM | Message # 4
Well I wanted my sister to have a good life, that's all that matters to me. In this town, it's nothing but drug abusers, pot heads, and C averages all around. Back in the country, the boys were far nicer, no one in their right mind abused drugs, and I didn't need to make sure my sister can kill a man with her bare hands. Down there, I just needed to know how to kill, and that was it. Now... It's all fun and games, until I have to kill someone one of these days.

"I hear rumors that the Shard of the Monolith is an unstoppable force. They aren't rumors."-Nausus, on the topic of Malphite's arrival.

JinxDate: Saturday, 2011-10-15, 9:04 PM | Message # 5
Necromancer
I know :/ Such is the life of a city dweller

EquinoxDate: Sunday, 2011-10-16, 9:06 PM | Message # 6
I used to think I'd just need a katana for looks.

Now, One day I have a feeling I'll be using it on someone.

JinxDate: Monday, 2011-10-17, 9:00 PM | Message # 7
Necromancer
I have my katana hanging on the wall next to me. It's wooden, but that sunavabiatch will be painful, and it can break bones. I have a knife on my dresser that I can sharpen as welll and use it to gut home intruders.

EquinoxDate: Tuesday, 2011-10-18, 4:18 PM | Message # 8
I'm presuming you've already heard the story of the one who attempted to rape my sister?

JinxDate: Tuesday, 2011-10-18, 9:43 PM | Message # 9
Necromancer
No, I haven't.

EquinoxDate: Wednesday, 2011-10-19, 3:54 PM | Message # 10
Ah.

Well, just PM me if you want me to tell you. I thought just about everyone I trust knew. I don't want to just throw it out there for anyone to read.

JinxDate: Wednesday, 2011-10-19, 9:15 PM | Message # 11
Necromancer
Yeah I'll ping you then.

Forum » Other » Vent Your Emotions » Longing (Once called "Country Memories")
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Make a free website with uCoz