Friday, 2024-04-26, 11:31 PM
Roleplay Forever
Main | Registration | Login Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Other » User Contests » User Contest Rules [[UNOFFICIAL]] (Making sure they're clear.)
User Contest Rules [[UNOFFICIAL]]
StrikerDate: Friday, 2011-11-18, 3:25 PM | Message # 1
The Helper Admin
Group: Administrators
Awards: 8
Remember, it's a good idea to follow these rules, but you don't have to until either Demon or Equinox make this official.

~~Contest Boundries~~

1. All unofficial contests (Not one of the monthly ones) must be posted here.
2. No advertising user contests on the News, Archive, or Contest pages. The Blog page and the chatroom are fine.
3. You may only have up to two contests running at any given times. Administrators are the only exception.

~~Rewards~~

1. Using the 'Awards' feature on the website is prohibited for user contests.
2. Giving real-life currency for winning a contest is STRICTLY prohibited.
3. You may reward offsite currency for winning contests, such as gold on World of Warcraft or Robux and Tix on ROBLOX.
4. You must post the reward IN THE ORIGINAL POST. People don't want to work hard on something and expect a reward for it, just to get nothing or something they can't use.
5. You don't have to give a reward for contests. They can be just for fun.

~~Posting and Editing a Contest~~

1. In posting a contest, you MUST have the following in your ORIGINAL post: The reward(s) for winning the contest, what you have to do to win the contest, how to enter the contest, and at least some description of the contest.
2. After someone besides yourself posts on the thread, there is to be NO changing the objective or reward(s) of the contest. You may add on to the reward(s), but you may NOT remove one.
3. You are allowed to put rank restrictions on joining the contest, (e.g; Moderator and Admins only) but that isn't suggested. Users are supposed to have fun on RPF, too!

EquinoxDate: Friday, 2011-11-18, 3:34 PM | Message # 2
Social warrior of the administration
Awards: 9
1st, I agree with this for the most part. It could use some adjusting for the final draft, but this is a excellent Rule set Striker. Very nice. Although I would have recommended making this section right above the contest section itself, this being the top sub-section.
2nd, why exactly would using "Awards" for contests not allowed, though? You seem to forget most contests thus far have had awards as the reward.

~Glacial Malphite: The Shard of the Monolith~

"I hear rumors that the Shard of the Monolith is an unstoppable force. They aren't rumors."-Nausus, on the topic of Malphite's arrival.

DemonDate: Friday, 2011-11-18, 3:37 PM | Message # 3
※You shouldnt anger me. ಠ_ಠ※
I agree with Equinox. The 'Awards' is prettymuch the only reward all of us have used so far for contests, and users join them too.

ಠ_ಠ (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
um

StrikerDate: Friday, 2011-11-18, 3:41 PM | Message # 4
The Helper Admin
Well, first of all, using the awards feature would be a bit unfair. Only Administrators and Moderators... And Specials.. Can use the awards feature as far as I know. This would prohibit normal users from being able to make as good contests as Admins or Mods. Second, if we allowed all users to use the award feature, then they would often resort to using them instead of online currencies, thus making awards be overused. If too many contests gave out those awards, they wouldn't be anythings special for the monthly contests, and we would need another reward to give out for winning a monthly contest. It's completely up to you two, though.

EquinoxDate: Friday, 2011-11-18, 3:42 PM | Message # 5
You have a point, but are you sure users can't give away awards?

I WOULD make a account for testing such a thing like this, but both of my yahoo are used.

"I hear rumors that the Shard of the Monolith is an unstoppable force. They aren't rumors."-Nausus, on the topic of Malphite's arrival.

StrikerDate: Friday, 2011-11-18, 3:45 PM | Message # 6
The Helper Admin
You can make an account without an e-mail using the Control Panel.

DemonDate: Friday, 2011-11-18, 3:45 PM | Message # 7
I've made 10 emails so far for ucoz sites XD

I'm not so sure if users can or cant use awards... We could ask Spark

ಠ_ಠ (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
um

EquinoxDate: Friday, 2011-11-18, 3:47 PM | Message # 8
I was the one who used the control panel the most for the first few months of this website after becoming admin, and somehow I didn't know that...

Fuck my life. XD

StrikerDate: Friday, 2011-11-18, 3:48 PM | Message # 9
The Helper Admin
Really? I've known that since I started using Ucoz.

EquinoxDate: Friday, 2011-11-18, 3:51 PM | Message # 10
I don't look at stuff involving emails and accounts too often. I've mostly been looking into possible changes.

StrikerDate: Friday, 2011-11-18, 3:52 PM | Message # 11
The Helper Admin
Speaking of changes, what's up with the blogs idea?

DemonDate: Friday, 2011-11-18, 3:53 PM | Message # 12
Lol x3

ಠ_ಠ (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
um

StrikerDate: Friday, 2011-11-18, 3:58 PM | Message # 13
The Helper Admin
I gotta go. I'll post on this later. You should know, though, that when you make an account with the CP, don't provide a e-mail. Then you can just login with the username and password instead of typing in an e-mail every time you want to log into it.

DemonDate: Friday, 2011-11-18, 3:59 PM | Message # 14
I didnt know that T_T
Bye

ಠ_ಠ (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
um

SupernerdDate: Friday, 2011-11-18, 6:44 PM | Message # 15
A Hater/Friend of Equinox
Group: Special
Awards: 3
You cant make an account on User, because Since my friends are Users and i watch/help them roleplay, theu cant give them out.

THANK YOU! For making me special Striker XD c:

Some say its nice to have good signatures....

Well.

There you have it.

Forum » Other » User Contests » User Contest Rules [[UNOFFICIAL]] (Making sure they're clear.)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Make a free website with uCoz