Saturday, 2024-04-27, 2:47 AM
Roleplay Forever
Main | Registration | Login Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Stories » Fantasy » /~☼~\Noctus/~☼~\ (Humans fear what they do not know...)
/~☼~\Noctus/~☼~\
ZyphonDate: Tuesday, 2012-05-22, 3:11 PM | Message # 1
The Flying Penguin
Group: Administrators
Awards: 5
Chapter 1
The Peacemaker

War was nearing. A war lead by the hatred of one man, the human Archmage Dreaknia(Drac-Nay).
What a strange name... Dreaknia. It didn't sound human at all, in fact, it sounded incredibly like a Darkling name, but of course, who am I to talk about human culture? If I were to even get near one of their cities I'd be shot on site, the Archers of the Arcane Cities were known around the world for their skill with any form of ranged weapon.
And yet, if I were to procced with my plan, I'd not only need to get near the Arcane Capital, Kalnior(Call-Nor), but speak to the humans there and try to convince them war was the wrong choice, or at least delay the upcoming war.
However, my fellow Darklings were not helping me, rather than try to reason with the humans, or at least go into hiding until a better solution presented itself, many of the Darkling clans immediatly retaliated, resulting in the deaths of many clans.
Some had the same idea as me, to try and make peace, but they were impatient, and most were caught.
Us Darklings, who "Know all and are all" were being killed by humans. They feared our abilites, so they decided we must be killed, or rather, the Archmage feared us and gave to order to kill us, while many humans were content to just leave us alone. However, he won them over in time, telling lies about us being savages. Now, in the eyes on the humans, we were just monsters who needed to die.
Darklings have great abilites with thoughts and dreams, and can shape shift as well. However, we posses almost no magic. Now, I was going to us my ability of shifting my shape to disguise myself as a human. Many other tried to do this, but always managed to get one little detail wrong the blew their whole cover.
They were disected, many of these expiriments were carried out by the ArchMage himself. He wanted to learn to do what we did before killing us.
But with any luck, I was going to bring an end to this, or die trying.

~Zyphon, The Flying Penguin

ZyphonDate: Saturday, 2012-06-02, 7:05 AM | Message # 2
The Flying Penguin
Group: Administrators
Awards: 5
Chapter 2
The Scholar

Noctus can transform into anything, Shades are especially good at it, but Darklings are almost as good as Shades. I'd been observing the humans form a distance for a while now, and I think I was ready to become on of them. I closed my eyes and saw myself from a third-person view. Slowly, my grey skin turned biege, then my claws and fangs slowly disappeared, along with my glowing purple eyes, which were now green. Really, tyhat was all it took, but so many Darkling messed it up.
I opebned my eyes again and then checked to see if the shapeshifting had worked. No more claws, skin no longer grey, yes, it had indeed worked.
As I walked up to the gates of the city, I began to run my story throiguh my head one more time. I was a Scholar, I had went to live with the Darklnigs for a small time. That may seem suspicous, so I would try to just leave it at I was a Scholar. Of course, they would ask about the way I talked, as Darklings have a very different way of talking than humans do.
They didn't give me any trouble at the gates, which was good. So far, I'd already gotten farther into my mission than most Darklnigs ever do, but what I saw when I walked into the city was shocking. I'd heard humans did this, but I didn't really think it was true. There were three Darklings chained up, and various weapons and tools of torture laid out on table, a crowd was gathred as a well dressed man explained the crimes of the Darklings.
Crimes... Complete garbage, the only crimes they were guiltly of were simply living, but to the humans, that was enoguh. Most building were clsoed as the owners were watching, but there weas one inn that was opened, quickly, I hurried inside. I hadn't really had much time to look at the city, it seemed most buildings were made of stone bircks, with various collored bricks for rooves. There were also a few smaller buildings made of wood.
There were only about four people inside the inn. Of course, at that time, I didn't really know what an inn was, I just had wanted to get away from what was going on.
Once inside, I just quietly sat down at a table and thoguht what to do next.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes I know, very short, but I was rushed. >->

Flying Penguins
The world would be a better place if they existed.

Forum » Stories » Fantasy » /~☼~\Noctus/~☼~\ (Humans fear what they do not know...)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Make a free website with uCoz