[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Stories » Other » One AND a Billion
One AND a Billion
SparkDate: Friday, 2012-03-30, 9:11 PM | Message # 1
Zyphon's Supporter
Group: Checked
Awards: 3
It was a very warm night. The stars were huddled in the sky, trying to avoid the city lights. We were on our way to MegaMart, the lottery ticket store. If we won, we could come from our rigged lives in the trailer park, and move to mansions and filets for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It would be so sudden. Tonight they would draw at exactly 10:00pm. We stop in the parking lot, as our old truck ritts to a stop. I open and click the door shut as we strut inside. It felt like everyone in the world was there. The children were 'if' and 'have' to their moms and dads. The babies crying. The mothers shushing. The dads betting. This is a normal day for every one of us. I take in every face, just incase if any of them became a millionaire- and before I knew it- we were buying one ticket. And we go home. And we wait. It was hard to wait, in an old frigid trailer packed in so close, with so much anticipation. My dad smirks and winks at me, and we wait until 10:00. Countdown for numbers. The balls roll.

We won the lottery.

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.

After twelve years of therapy my psychiatrist said something that brought tears to my eyes. He said, "No hablo ingles."

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.

Forum » Stories » Other » One AND a Billion
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Make a free website with uCoz