Thursday, 2024-05-02, 1:28 PM
Roleplay Forever
Main | Registration | Login Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Demon  
Forum » Standard Roleplays » Fantasy Roleplays » /~☼~\Noctus/~☼~\ (There is no fear of Darkness... Only fear of the Unknown...)
/~☼~\Noctus/~☼~\
ZyphonDate: Friday, 2012-01-06, 8:56 PM | Message # 1
The Flying Penguin
Group: Administrators
Awards: 5
/~☼~\Story/~☼~\

The people of this land fear us... Not because we are fearful, but because we are unknown to them. The night is our time, so they call us evil. They have given us a name. The Noctus. We call ourselves Darklings. We can take many forms, and after all these years of being called monsters... That is what some of us have become. But others... They seek to make peace with the humans. And what to these peace makers get for their trouble? The only reward given to them, is death at the gallows. There they hang for seven days. Then, they are burned. Their ashes buried. But before hanging. They shall suffer one month of torture. It's a horrible way to leave this world, and yet still those young fools believe they can make peace with the humans. They might as well try to get a tree to talk to them.

And yet... Somehow, I believe that they can succed. If they tried doing it differently... Perhaps if They were wise enough not to just go to the humans and preach... There must be a better way. But we can not find it yet. No. To achieve peace with the humans would take to long. They hunt us down. We must take action now! We must fight them! For they are the monsters! Not us!

They do not fear us because of what we are. They fear us because we are unknown to them.

/~☼~\Rules/~☼~\

Please use correct grammar.
Wait to be accepted.
You No Ubering.
No Auto-Hitting.
No uber-dodging.

/~☼~\Admins/~☼~\

Supernerd
Kenzieroo
Equinox
Striker
Demon

/~☼~\Races/~☼~\

Humans

Humans: No explanation really needed here...

Spellcasters: Humans able to control a form of energy called Aether, or if you perfer, work magic. Split into two categories. The Elemental and the Wizardly. The Elemental do more elemental magic and the Wizardly do more basic spells. Like levitation.

Warlocks: Opening portals, these humans can lure out monsters that might serve them. Or kill them. Etheir way.

Magi: Humans able to control the four basic elements(Air, Water, Fire, Earth) through using Aether, or as they call it, Mana. However, Aether is not naturaly in there blood so they must drink potions. If they use to much magic they will die.

Wizards: Wizards are basically Weak Spellcasters. They can do magic, but need to aid of staves and wands. Also need to say "Magic Words" and sometimes do a motion with the wand.

Alchemist: Humans who can brew potions. They can also make scrolls of power.

Necromancer: Humans with control over the dead.

Elves

Nature Elves: Also called Mother elves. These Elves care greatly about Nature. Most of them are female. They have some control over plants and animals.

Volcanic Elves: Mainly live around volcanoes. These elves are said to be originaly born of magma. They live underground most of the time and have learned to use fire and magma to their advantage. Most advanced Elves.

Warrior Elves: Also just called elves. They live mainly in forests, and are skileld hunters and warriors. They don't have much magic.

Sea Elves: Also called Mermaids or Mermen. They are healers and look like your basic mermaid. The only elf that doesn't look mostly human.

Ogres

Ogres: Huge green creatures. They are dim-witted and easily controlled by the other "Greenies"

Goblins: Basically a smaller version of an Ogre.

Horcs: The Horcs worship Iron and Gold as their gods. Iron is a masculine god, will Gold is the Feminene god. They don't speak very well as they don't often need to speak. Unlike many humans think, the do not like battle. They are very good at mining however.

Trolls: These blue humaniods are fond of art, propechey, and music. Long ago, they enslaved the Horcs. Their magic mainly works through music.

Noctus

Darklings: Grey creatures that can shape-shift. The look human in their natural form, except for the claws. At night, they rarely have dreams of their own, but they can enter the dreams of others, as well as influence them in a small way. They have other abilities over weaker minds than theirs.

Shades: Horrible other wordly creatures. Not much known about them other than that they will kill anything that interacts with it.

Vampires: Humaniods with the blood of demons in them. In particular, Raven, the Demon of Death. They have loads of magic. They do need blood to survive, but do not need to kill to get it. Not much else known about them as they are not natural in this world, but a small group of them came in through a Warlocks portal.

Lycan: Again, not natural to this world. In fact, not even in this world, but the humans believe that there are.

[There are other creatures, but these are the main ones.]

/~☼~\Character Sheet/~☼~\

Name:
Appearance:
Race:
Powers(Not all, but the main ones):
Weapons:
Items:
Bio:

The Shop

DemonDate: Friday, 2012-01-06, 10:33 PM | Message # 2
※You shouldnt anger me. ಠ_ಠ※
Awards: 9
(This is pretty good :D)
Name: Raina
Appearance: In attatchment
Race: Nature elf
Powers(Not all, but the main ones): Fair control over nature, currently developing a new power
Weapons: Bow and arrow, long dagger
Items: Gold coins, water, flute/picollo
Bio: N/A
Attachments: 5006266.png (414.3 Kb)

ಠ_ಠ (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
um

ZyphonDate: Friday, 2012-01-06, 11:03 PM | Message # 3
The Flying Penguin
(Why thank you! :D)
(Accepted!)
(Start whenever you want.)

Added (2012-01-06, 11:03 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Name: Larkalin (Darklings only use one name)
Appearance: Tall(5'9") lean, grey skin with a kind of blue tint, Purple eyes, black hair, black talons. Black pants, black shirt, a belt that holds alchemy supplies, "sharp" features. Generally looks unfriendly.
Race: Darkling
Powers(Not all, but the main ones): Basic Darkling powers
Weapons: curved and serated dagger, not really ever used.
Items: Alchemy supplies and a few gold coins held in his belt.
Bio: One of the Darklnigs who believe that Peace can be made with humans.

Flying Penguins
The world would be a better place if they existed.

SupernerdDate: Saturday, 2012-01-07, 2:51 AM | Message # 4
A Hater/Friend of Equinox
Group: Special
Awards: 3
(Right in Zyphons Category. Will plan to join this soon)

Some say its nice to have good signatures....

Well.

There you have it.

DemonDate: Saturday, 2012-01-07, 10:24 AM | Message # 5
(Thats why I chose this catagory. Fantasy. It's simple and easy, and everyone here can probablly enter.)
~Raina~
I sat in a tree, watching the villagers hang another Darkling. I sighed. "They're so clueless... Humans... Oblivious creatures, they are"

ಠ_ಠ (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
um

ZyphonDate: Saturday, 2012-01-07, 10:39 AM | Message # 6
The Flying Penguin
~~Larkalin~~

Another one of our own hanged for trying to make peace. Ridiculous. Ridiculous that we were hanged for trying to make peace for them. Ridiculous that I was still going to try and make peace with them even though I'd most likely be hanged... And tortured.

Of course, that darklnig had probably just gone straight into a human city, with no plan at all. In his true form probably. Even the ones that shape-shift to look like humans first, are still caught most of the time. Of course, the humans were actually hanging more of there own than us. Idiotic creatures. They preach about being the "best" race. And yet they hang their own kind because they are so paranoid of us inflitrating their socieity. To stop a war.

...Stupid creatures.

Flying Penguins

DemonDate: Saturday, 2012-01-07, 1:38 PM | Message # 7
I climbed down from my tree, sighing deeply. I decided to practice the new power I was developing... I called it 'Shifting'. I can currently change into a wolf, and a bird. I have been working on it for years.

ಠ_ಠ (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
um

ZyphonDate: Saturday, 2012-01-07, 10:06 PM | Message # 8
The Flying Penguin
~~Larkalin~~

"Right... Time to see if I can get it right." I'd been studying the humans for a while, trying to be able to create a perfect human disguise. I closed my eyes, and then morphed. For a moment, I was not a Darklnig, or a human, or anything else. I was just a soul without any real home. And then... I was human. About the only thing that had changed was the claws and skin color, as well as eye color. It seemed liek a simply morph, but most darklnigs had never seen a human, and just morphed into the humans from our legends. Needless to say, it wasn't the best disguise.

Flying Penguins

DemonDate: Sunday, 2012-01-08, 12:10 PM | Message # 9
I looked over my shoulder, and saw a human. "What's a human doing out here? Wait..." I sniffed the air. Due to my 'shifting' into a wolf, my sense of smell was enhanced. "That's not a human..." I walked up to it. "So you're going at it again, are you?" I yelled, but in a friendly way.

ಠ_ಠ (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
um

EquinoxDate: Sunday, 2012-01-08, 2:38 PM | Message # 10
Social warrior of the administration
(I was expecting this to be related to the story of Nocturne. But, this is just as good.)

~Glacial Malphite: The Shard of the Monolith~

"I hear rumors that the Shard of the Monolith is an unstoppable force. They aren't rumors."-Nausus, on the topic of Malphite's arrival.

DemonDate: Sunday, 2012-01-08, 7:52 PM | Message # 11
(Gonna join?)

ಠ_ಠ (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
um

EquinoxDate: Monday, 2012-01-09, 8:54 PM | Message # 12
Social warrior of the administration
(Doubtful.)

~Glacial Malphite: The Shard of the Monolith~

"I hear rumors that the Shard of the Monolith is an unstoppable force. They aren't rumors."-Nausus, on the topic of Malphite's arrival.

ZyphonDate: Wednesday, 2012-01-11, 6:53 PM | Message # 13
The Flying Penguin
(Wait, are you still a wolf?)

Flying Penguins

SupernerdDate: Thursday, 2012-01-12, 0:03 AM | Message # 14
A Hater/Friend of Equinox
Group: Special
Awards: 3
(what is this time set around?...)

Name:Isaac Jarome.
Appearance: in attachment,
Race:Human
Powers(Not all, but the main ones):The power of nothing. xD (Unless he somehow gained magic eventually???..*hint hint*
Weapons: Nothing more than a pocket knife.
Items: Its a silver pocket knife.
Bio: Isaac lives in a small town near the forest. but not surronded by it.
Attachments: 3889612.jpeg (21.4 Kb)

Some say its nice to have good signatures....

Well.

There you have it.

Message edited by Supernerd - Thursday, 2012-01-12, 0:09 AM

DemonDate: Thursday, 2012-01-12, 3:02 PM | Message # 15
(Nope. I'm in elf form now. Accepted)

ಠ_ಠ (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
um

Forum » Standard Roleplays » Fantasy Roleplays » /~☼~\Noctus/~☼~\ (There is no fear of Darkness... Only fear of the Unknown...)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Make a free website with uCoz